- Copy the ISO image to a partition readable by MorphOS (SFS preferably)
- Mount the boot partition (HFS) with Mounter tool
- Copy the boot.img contained in the
directory mac_ppc32 on the MacOS boot partition taking care to rename it
(boot26.img fot example) in order to not 'break' the 2.5 system in
case of trouble,
- Restart the computer and reach the Open Firmware (OF) with keystroke: command + option + O + F or Alt + Left Windows + O + F)
- To boot the new image in the OF, type the following command line:
boot hd:x,boot.img rd bootimage="DHX:morphos-2.6.iso" (rajouter un antislash entre la , et boot.img)
Where x of hd: is the number of IDE device containing the MacOS boot partition (usually 0 or 2 ...)
Where X of DH is the device name (not the volume) where the iso image has been copied. Caution case sensitive.
This technique avoids to burn a CD
and is every time a success unless if we are wrong in the numbers or IDE
device or other device.
Back to Top